ABRI's Work Program
ABRI is working to achieve:
• increased recovery of all battery types
• responsible environmental management in the battery recovery chain.
Achievements to date
ABRI has achieved a number of important outcomes, including:
• voluntary packaging standard for used lead acid and handheld batteries
• an expanded website that provides advice on how and where to recycle
• collaboration with Sustainability Victoria on the BatteryBack recycling program
• an exemption from certain aspects of the Australian Dangerous Goods Code to facilitate recycling
• a series of safety guidelines on handheld battery recycling
• an information kit on used lead acid battery recycling
• research reports including a mass balance for batteries in Australia.